Mar 3, 2010

opy jacket dreaming

I caught a glimpse of Nicole Ritchie's Winter Kate Opy Jacket in Who Weekly.
Love. It. So. Much.

Immediatley my sewing mind jumped into action and I was dreaming of a Raches origninal....So I scoured the internet, my pattern box, and my library. I think I may have found a pattern to draft my own Opy Jacket.

Even though it's not so "flowy", I was imagining a similiar kimono style jacket in Amy Butler's Love fabric range, such as the two lower right fabrics, which I think I can get locally.

I brought a couple of patterns on-line from Indygo Junction which are yet to arrive, and I also found this Kwik-Sew pattern, 3585. I also got some fabric from Spotlight to give it a go, while I wait for my delivery.

I picked this jacket from Indygo Junction, the Easy Artisian Jacket, as a close match to the Opy.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! A cross between a kimono and a (not sure what they call them) smokers jacket? Not sure about the fabric in the top left box but love all the rest. Nice!

    ReplyDelete